Backpacking has paved the way for people to experience the world differently.
Sleeping in one hostel to the next, going for the off-the-beaten-path, meeting fellow adventurers — it has constantly tempted us to quit our jobs and escape for good.
However, backpacking has its ways of ruining your life. Check out our list below and find yourself nodding.
- Your Facebook friends will hate you
- You will make too many friends in real life
- You will be labeled weird when you get back home
- You will find everything else expensive upon your return
- You will wear your jetlag like an armor
- Your hard drive will be full too soon
- Your online farm animals will die
- Your Candy Crush status will be as good as dead
- Your Google Maps will become lonely
- Your definition of “success” will change
- Your definition of “home” will change
- Your definition of “luxury” will change
- Your definition of “life” will change
- You will become addicted to souvenirs
- Your Facebook feed will experience an influx of different languages
- Your friends back home will hate your Instagram photos
- You will learn to swear in more than two languages
- You will come to terms with public nudity
- You will come to terms with day drinking
- You will feel like the problems back home are superficial
- You will question your existence once you go back to your 9-5 job
- You will always have the itch to get the next flight out
- You may just find yourself and your purpose in life
Isn’t backpacking just the worst?
Image source: stayatbase.com